Are you looking to leverage your experience in strategy and finance and play a meaningful role in shaping the strategy of a growing startup? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small business owners? If so, read on.
FundThrough is looking for a Strategic Finance Associate. This person will play a critical role in shaping the long-term business strategy of the company. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model and drive our ongoing fundraising and capital markets efforts.
You’ll provide our co-founders and management team with insights that will drive our long-term business and financial strategy. You’ll help us turbo-charge our growth by applying an analytical lens to influence decision-making across the organization and owning cross-functional projects to help execute on our growth plans.
Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical, independent thinker, who can drive critical strategic decisions and is comfortable engaging with stakeholders across the company and externally. This is a unique role for someone with a passion for technology and scaling businesses who wants to help fulfil our mission of empowering small businesses to thrive.
About the Company
FundThrough is an online platform that enables businesses to control when they get paid on their invoices. We’re helping business owners eliminate cash flow gaps by giving them the power and flexibility to get their invoices paid when they want, with one click, and in as little as 24 hours through a magical tech-enabled platform. Launched in 2014, we’ve shot out to become a leader in the Canadian FinTech space, funding millions of dollars in invoices every month. We’re venture-backed and growing our revenue, customer base and technology aggressively.
What we offer
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a rapidly-growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work from home policy
- Birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
Who you are:
- Passionate about our mission to help small businesses thrive and share our values
- Excited to work cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment
- Analytic, strategic and structured thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Highly curious and proactive; you seek out answers and insights
- An effective communicator who can convey insights clearly to different audiences both internally and externally
- Not afraid to speak up or challenge the status quo if a better perspective is available
- 2-4 years experience in analytically driven roles (i.e. investment banking, private equity / venture capital, corporate development)
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Experience or interest in learning SQL
- Experience at a high-growth technology company is a plus\
What you’ll do:
- Work to create a proactive fundraising strategy to help build relationships with key investors and lenders ahead of our next equity and debt raises
- Play a key role in raising equity and debt capital, including development of investor materials, engaging with investors and lenders during diligence process
- Owning the company forecast, KPIs and analysis to develop an understanding of our unit economics and key value drivers of our business
- Turn these insights into action by working cross-functionally to share findings with team leads and develop tools that they can use to understand value drivers and drive strategic decision-making
- Use analytical abilities to provide a financial / strategic lens to capital allocation decisions, growth strategies, and other key initiatives
- Work with the leadership team to study the industry and our business to help define our long-term strategy and support company-wide planning of our OKRs
Note re Covid-19: Adhering to the highest level of public health advice, we have begun shifting to our “more in than out” policy for team members located within the GTA, with an average 3 days/week being in-office and 2 days/week offering the flexibility to work from anywhere. If working from the office, we do require proof of vaccination.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment. FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.