*** Please submit a relevant portfolio of your work instead of a cover letter. ***
Are you a compelling and creative story teller? Are you passionate about raising a growing startup’s public profile? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small business owners? If so, read on.
FundThrough is looking for a talented Public Relations Specialist to join us on our mission to help business owners end the “wait” associated with payment terms.
- Steward media strategy, managing our public relations and promotional efforts in North America.
- Develop a deep understanding of FundThrough’s communications needs.
- Understand all aspects of FundThrough’s business and stakeholders in order to craft compelling content through effective storytelling.
- Promote FundThrough’s brand and services to potential investors and media outlets.
- Be the company's eyes and ears, communicating company updates internally and externally.
- Identify and implement opportunities to enrich brand engagement through company events, award ceremonies, and other experiential opportunities.
- Measure effectiveness of communications materials and offer solutions for improvement.
- Identify and implement new and innovative communications ideas.
- You have 2 or more years of public relations and/or journalism experience.
- You likely have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, media relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- You have experience with Canadian and US markets.
- You’re highly creative and are able to create stories that excite readers.
- You have superior verbal and written communication skills, as well as public presentation skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively at all levels within the organization, with clients, and out in the community.
- You have technical knowledge of all aspects of media.
- You are effective at problem analysis and resolution skills.
- You have an above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
- You are flexible and can shift priorities to meet departmental requirements.
- You maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- You are able to research and analyze various different types of data.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a rapidly-growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work from home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
FundThrough is an online platform that enables businesses to control when they get paid on their invoices. We’re driven and super passionate about helping our customers to eliminate cash flow gaps by giving them the power and flexibility to get their invoices paid when they want through our magical tech-enabled platform. Launched in 2014, we’ve shot out to become a leader in the North American FinTech space, funding millions of dollars in invoices every month. We’re venture-backed and growing our revenue, customer base, and technology aggressively.