Are you a passionate engineer looking to lead a growing FinTech’s front-end development? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small business owners? If so, read on.
FundThrough is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to lead a client application development team. We are embarking on an exciting journey to mature our products and are expanding our team. This is a key leadership role within the product engineering team and a rare opportunity to build the client experience for our products from the ground up using a modern tech stack. The ideal candidate has strong full-stack development skills, specializes in front-end development, loves building amazing interfaces, is highly collaborative, cares deeply about end users, is data driven, and self-motivated. You will get to shape the front-end experience of our products.
- Lead and mentor a development team of 3 to 5.
- Define and plan out a component based front-end architecture for our products.
- Be a strong participant in our technology architecture decisions.
- Develop and implement features and functionality for our products with a focus on front-end but also contributing to the full stack as needed.
- Participate in user research and usability studies to understand user needs.
- Collaborate closely with UX and product teams to bring designs to life.
- Translate designs and mock-ups into beautiful functioning software.
- Identify opportunities to experiment and introduce new technologies to meet our customers’ needs.
- You have at least 5 years of front-end development experience, and at least 2 years designing consumer facing applications (Web, Mobile).
- You have at least 2 years of experience with React and modern JS frameworks.
- You have a bachelor's or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering other related fields, or equivalent industry experience.
- You have led, mentored and trained a few members of a development team.
- You have experience working with cross functional teams delivering complex projects.
- You are able to create a well-defined component based front-end architecture.
- You have a keen eye for usability principles and creating great user experiences.
- You are up to date on the latest front-end technologies.
- You have a deep understanding of software engineering, design patterns, and algorithms.
- You have the ability to work under ambiguous conditions.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated.
- You have experience with small business and/or financial products (big plus).
- You have experience working with React Native (a plus).
What we offer:
- Opportunity to help shape a growing startup
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- A cool, but nimble work environment
- An amazing team – we’re driven and super passionate about our customers. Plus one of our values is Fun & Food!
FundThrough is Canada’s FinTech invoice funding platform for new, small and growing businesses. We’re helping business owners eliminate cash flow gaps by giving them the power and flexibility to get their invoices paid when they want, with one click, and in as little as 24 hours through a magical tech-enabled platform. Launched in 2014 we’ve shot out to become a leader in the Canadian FinTech space, funding millions of dollars in invoices every month. We’re venture-backed and growing our revenue, customer base and technology aggressively.