Are you a passionate designer looking to lead a growing fintech startup’s UXD function? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small business owners? If so, read on.
FundThrough is looking for a Senior UX Designer to lead the entire design function of our products. We are embarking on an exciting journey to mature our products and are expanding our team. This is a key leadership role within the product engineering team and a rare opportunity to define and design the entire user experience for our product, from setting the design vision down to the pixel perfect execution. The ideal candidate has strong product, interaction, and visual design skills, is highly collaborative, customer oriented, data driven, self-motivated, and focused on results. You will get to own UXD for our products.
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and their needs.
- Define a consistent design approach and vision across our products.
- Help establish the design process and participate at all stages.
- Distill complex requirements into simple experiences.
- Rapidly iterate on design ideas by creating sketches, process flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Effectively communicate design strategies and ideas to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product teams to bring designs to life.
- Lead and mentor other designers based on our growth needs.
- Identify opportunities to experiment and introduce new design patterns to meet our customers’ needs.
- You have at least 5 years of UXD experience, with 2 years designing consumer facing applications (Web, Mobile).
- You have a bachelor's or equivalent degree in design or related fields.
- You are proficient with design and prototyping tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, InVision, Axure, or other similar tools).
- You have experience working with cross functional teams delivering complex projects.
- You have strong knowledge of the design process.
- You have a deep understanding of usability principles and techniques.
- You have expert visual and graphic design skills.
- You have extensive experience designing web and mobile applications.
- You are up to date on the latest developments in the design field.
- You have the ability to work under ambiguous conditions.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated.
- You have experience with small business and/or financial products (big plus).
What we offer:
- Opportunity to help shape a growing startup
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- A cool, but nimble work environment
- An amazing team – we’re driven and super passionate about our customers. Plus one of our values is Fun & Food!
FundThrough is Canada’s fintech invoice funding platform for new, small and growing businesses. We’re helping business owners eliminate cash flow gaps by giving them the power and flexibility to get their invoices paid when they want, with one click, and in as little as 24 hours through a magical tech-enabled platform. Launched in 2014 we’ve shot out to become a leader in the Canadian fintech space, funding millions of dollars in invoices every month. We’re venture-backed and growing our revenue, customer base and technology aggressively.